The Advantages of Using Our Product
· Earthbank Fish Compost can be used without
restriction in all applications. It provides a
nutrient rich and biologically active root medium
that helps plants suppress disease and thrive.
· Fish Compost is a powerful soil amendment
including use as a turf/lawn top dressing, mulch,
and erosion control media, as it helps retain soil
· Our compost is finely screened, mature and has
been composting for a minimum of two years.
· Fertilizer is generally not required if
Earthbank Fish Compost is used in sufficient
· Fish Compost is very rich ranging from 1.5% to
over 2% Nitrogen.
· Feedstock used is exclusively fish offal, both
wild and farmed, some farmed fish mortalities, and
bark from fir and hemlock, ground up land clearing
debris, and some sawdust from local sawmills. No
other inputs are used.
· Concerns about disease in farmed fish are
unfounded. The high temperatures of composting
(+60 degrees C) destroy all pathogens whether they
are from fish, humans, or anything else. Further,
fish diseases are harmless to humans.
· Antibiotics in farmed fish are low when compared
to other farmed products. Further, the composting
process breaks down any remaining residue.
· Earthbank's Fish Compost does not contain PCB's.
Heavy metals have consistently tested very low in
· Test results are available upon request.